In Memory of john Ying Leung
The Cumberland Museum & Archives is saddened by the recent passing of John Ying Leung. Born in 1932 in Cumberland, John was an integral part of the Cumberland community. In 1951 he and his wife May took over the family grocery store, on the corner of Third and Penrith. As a business leader he chaired the Cumberland Chamber of Commerce for nineteen years, and was Cumberland’s Citizen of the Year in 1991. As a member of the Coal Creek Historic Society he worked tirelessly to promote the legacies of Cumberland’s Chinatown.
John was passionate about the preservation of community history. The Cumberland Museum & Archives is accepting donations in his memory.
Membership at the Cumberland Museum & Archives provides you with the opportunity to explore and discover the dynamic history of the people of Cumberland while supporting the Cumberland & District Historical Society (CDHS).
Whether joining, renewing or gifting a membership cultural adventures that await include:
- Unlimited free admission for a full year to view exhibitions
- Two complimentary passes to share with family and friends
- Priority newsletters to being the first to hear about upcoming events
- Discounts on special events and tours
- Free access and three hours of assisted research time within the archives and research library.
- The primary membership holder has the opportunity to vote at the CDHS Annual General Meeting.